topped w honey & strawberries
I haven't made store bought pancakes in a few years now. Making It from scratch was such a good move. They taste better and cost a lot less - that's for surely good.
Pour egg, milk & butter mixture into the flour
* 1 Cup of white whole wheat flour
* 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 1/4 tsp sea salt
* 2 Tbsp unrefined sugar (I used sugar in the raw)
Another version that works really well using less white flour is:
* 1 1/4 cups white whole wheat and 1/4 cup unbleached white,
or you can use 100% whole wheat flour - I love the Heckers brand; it cook/bakes really well, and you can also use 100% of it (no white flour) in your mix and still get really good results without it coming out hard.
* 1 1/4 cup milk (I used lowfat 1%)
* 1/4 cup of good unsalted butter or (canola or sunflower oil)
* 2 eggs (Lg, extr. Lg or jumbo size)
* fresh strawberries or blueberries
* honey or maple syrup
First get a large skillet ready. Then melt your butter in a small saucepan (let it cool down before adding it to the eggs/milk). Get a large bowl, add all dry ingredients. Then using another bowl beat two eggs well. Add milk, butter and mix; at this point you should start heating up your skillet to med-high, add a pat of unsalted butter, coconut or canola oil - just enough to coat the pan lightly (be careful to watch your heat, so that the oil doesn't burn). Next add wet mixture into dry and mix together - don't mix for too long or you may get tough pancakes. Ladle in the amount, for whatever pancake size and let cook for a few seconds on each side. Plate, add your toppings.
Depending on size: makes about 7 - 8 med pancakes