Curry Macaroni Salmon Salad
The weather is hot,warm, cold -who knows! This is a quick throw together salad that is a
filling meal without being to heavy on whatever kind of day. The curry was a last minute add-in; it
* Salmon (a good can) Sockeye is the best, or use fresh
* 2 cups frozen green peas
* 1 wasabi or dill pickle
* 1 Lg or 2 small tomatoes (diced small)
* 3-4 Tbsp mayonnaise (I used veganaise)
* 1/2 -1 tsp curry (depending on how much you like curry-adjust to taste)
* Sea salt (to taste)
* Black pepper (freshly ground)
* Lettuce (opt.)
* Cook macaroni - while the pasta is cooking dice tomato & pickles - if using fresh salmon cook it before starting the pasta and set aside to cool down.
* When pasta is done simply add your rinsed frozen peas to the same hot pasta water-the peas are so small the hot water will cook it in a minute. This little trick will not only same time, but you'll use one less pot. After letting the peas sit for a minute use a strainer and drain water. Pour into a large bowl, add: mayo, pickles, tomatoes, and salmon mix all in.
* Add: salt, pepper and curry - mix again. Chopped raw onions or cucumbers can be added as well - optional.
Serve warm or cold on top of any kind of green lettuce (opt.)
Note: Chicken or any other kind of fish can be used in this salad.