6.01.2013


Lasagna Roll-ups 

I've heard of lasagna roll-ups before, but never really gave any thought of making any until I made a lasagna casserole; only then did this idea come to mind.  I had some leftover cooked pasta and said to myself "what am I going to do with the rest of this".  Of course I didn't want to waste it, so this came to mind- 
roll-ups! 
It came out so good..  




Lay out the lasagna


Smear on the sauce - whatever kind you like

Add your choice of toppings such as; ground up meat, sausage or vegetables. I used vegetables for these roll-ups (I'm not a ground beef /pork eater).
Dollop a little ricotta cheese, or even goat. Sprinkle with a little mozzarella cheese. Be careful not to over stuff, or else all of the mixture will spill out from the sides making it a sloppy mess!

Start a slow roll making sure to compress slightly firm, and careful. 

All rolled up!

Place in a casserole dish, or tin

Add a little sauce and mozzarella cheese on top and it's ready to go into the oven, or..
.

What I did was cover it with the casserole lid it came with (this is corningware and it's made for the freezer) and I put it in the freezer for another meal. 


Left-over veggie mix and sauce  
This will also go into the freezer to put on something else, or extra sauce for my roll-ups.

Vegetable lasagna
and this is what started it all...


Vegetable Lasagna Roll-ups


Ingredients:

* Lasagna pasta
* Red sauce for pasta (any kind of your choice for pasta) 
* mozzarella cheese
* parmigiana cheese (opt) I didn't use any.
* mixed vegetables (any kind) or meat of your choice.

* Pasta: follow the directions on the box; It should be al dent'e. I never use to do this and my pasta sometimes came out a little over-cooked in which will cause it to stick. This time I did follow the cooking time and it came out perfect!  No sticking -at all. 

* Cheese: grate a little at a time so that you're not cutting more than you'll need. Maybe a couple cups to begin with depending on how many roll-ups.

* Sauce: use whatever is your favorite; something of good quality and not watery.  Or make your own, as I did.

* Vegetables: use whatever fillings you'd like. Add ground meat, poultry or sausage. 

I'm explaining this pretty clean cut because I really didn't follow any recipe for this - as with a lot of foods I cook/bake.  I just kinda go in and start cooking freestyle; it can become not so easy to explain the process sometimes. 

This is a pretty simple/easy format, just follow the above steps.

Emailing me with any questions is fine.




No comments:

Post a Comment